Length: Single Semester
Contact: Technologies Leader
In this Year 9 course students learn how to design and construct Apps by utilising coding in Python (the language of the Google and business over the internet) and code, construct and operate Vex Robots. Students will test and predict results and implement digital solutions. They evaluate information systems and their solutions in terms of risk, sustainability and potential for innovation and enterprise. Students share and collaborate Online, establishing protocols for the use, transmission and maintenance of data and projects.
By the end of the course, students will know how to go from a concept (idea), such as a Python/Internet application including robotic solutions, to its documentation and construction of the application. This includes coding as well as using computational thinking to solve challenges in Python and Vex robots.
Year 9 Students are assessed according to the Technologies Achievement Standards outlined in the Australian Curriculum, with A-E Grades used for reporting.
- Process and Production Skills
- Problem Development Project Utilising Python and Vex Robot, including 3-D Printing of Parts
- Design Documents (Investigating, Planning, Producing and Evaluating)
- Utilising Python and Vex Robot Architecture
- Skills Exercises, in Python and Vex Robotics.
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Research and written assignments: Impact and development of Digital Systems and how the various components work.
Year 10 Digital Technology A
Year 10 Digital Technology B