Length: Single Semester
Contact: Technologies Leader
Strong interest in Digital Technology.
The Digital Technologies B course focuses on using a computational thinking, problem identification and modular solutions when programming VEX Robots, coding algorithms in Python and analysing data. Students who study Digital Technologies B will:
- Work in teams to develop algorithms to identify and solve challenges with VEX Robots
- Developing fundamental coding skills of Python and SQL (the language of Google)
- Engage in project /problem-based learning enabling students to develop valuable skills such as project management, student inquiry, collaboration and systems thinking.
Student performance will be determined according to the Technologies Achievement Standards as outlined in the framework of the Australian Curriculum. Grades from A to E will be used for reporting purposes.
Assessment types will include:
- Process and Production Skills (70%)
- Application development and robotic solution project (Python and Vex Robots)
- Design Document: Investigating, Planning, Producing and Evaluating (Python HTML and Vex Robots)
- Skills Exercises: Python and HTML and coding for robots.
- Knowledge and Understanding (30 %)
- Written Assignments (Research and analysis): The components, impact and development of Digital Systems.
Stage 1 Digital Technology