Length: Full Year (20 SACE credits)
Contact: Science Leader
Grade B or higher in Stage 1 Physics A and B.
Stage 2 Physics topics provide the framework for developing integrated programs of learning through which students extend their skills, knowledge, and understanding of the three strands of science.
The three strands of science to be integrated throughout student learning are:
- Science inquiry skills
- Science as a human endeavour
- Science understanding.
In Stage 2 Physics students study the following topics:
- Topic 1 – Motion and Relativity: Projectile Motion, Forces and Momentum, Circular Motion and Gravitation, Relativity.
- Topic 2 – Electricity and Magnetism: Electric Fields, Motion of Charged Particles in Electric Fields, Magnetic Fields, Motion of Charged Particles in Magnetic Fields, Electromagnetic Induction.
- Topic 3 – Light and Atoms: Wave Behaviour of Light, Wave-Particle Duality, Structure of the Atom, Standard Model.
Students’ performance will be determined according to the subject’s Performance Standards, as outlined by the SACE Board. Grades A+ to E- will be used for reporting purposes.
- Investigations Folio (30%)
- Skills and Applications Tasks (40%).
- • Examination (30%).