Length: Single Semester
Contact: Arts Leader
This unit is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of photographic imaging and associated topics.
During this course students will have the opportunity to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills in Digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex)
- Learn about photographic processes and contemporary technology, including industry standard software
- Investigate aspects of photographic techniques such as compositional techniques
- Develop photographic skills in capturing images through excursions and photographic projects
- Use photographic equipment in a safe and practical manner
- Explore alternative image making methods and experimental photographic processes
- Use Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom software to modify graphics
- Learn about specifications pertaining to publishing on different media, to include knowing about and
- Understanding the role/impact of resolution, screen sizes, file sizes, file management and file types
- Develop skills in engaging with industry and/or community
- Practice effectively recording and communicating design ideas
Year 10 Students are assessed according to The Arts Achievement Standards outlined in the Australian Curriculum, with A-E Grades used for reporting.
Assessment types comprise:
- Investigation of Basic skills (Practical) and Analysis of Photographer’s work and techniques (Theory) 20%
- Product and Folio 50%: Students complete one finished product, including support materials
- Skills Development 30%: A record of skills development.
Stage 1 Creative Arts