Length: Single Semester or Full Year (10 or 20 credits)
Contact: HASS Leader
Successful completion of Year 10 Humanities and Social Sciences and/or English.
Students will learn about the operation of Australia’s legal system including the following:
- Sources of Law
- Government Structure and Operation
- How the law is relevant to young people
- Justice and Society
- Separation of Powers
- Rights and Responsibilities.
By the end of each semester students will have learned about how Australia’s legal system is continually improving to better society and achieve cohesion. Students will engage in group discussion / tasks, formative / summative tests, case analysis, and trending topics / cases in the media.
- Two Source Analysis Tasks
- One Group Presentation
- One Independent Investigation.
Stage 2 Legal Studies