Length: Single Semester
Contact: Technologies Leader
In Year 9 Digital Technologies, students develop their understanding of Python coding (specific coding language used by many digital industries) and apply this learning to design solutions in digital projects.
Students will evaluate and apply computational thinking to projects such as VEX robotics challenges, App design and database construction.
Contemporary issues such as cyber security and personal safety online will be woven into assessments to strengthen students understanding of their personal responsibilities online.
Year 9 Students are assessed according to the Technologies Achievement Standards outlined in the Australian Curriculum, with A-E Grades used for reporting.
- Process and Production Skills
- Game Level Development Project Utilising Unity-3D Design Document To include: Investigating, Planning, Producing and Evaluating.
- Skills Exercises, In Unity-3D and Maya.
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Research and written assignments: Impact and development of Digital Systems and how various components work.